Last modified: Aug 8, 2016
We work hard to make sure What2eat community is a safe and fun place for everyone, and we need you help to achieve
that. So please take some time to read these ground rules carefully.
RESPECT THE COMMUNITY
All we ask is that you don't abuse the site. Every cool, new community feature on What2eat involves a certain level of
trust. We trust you to be responsible, and all other users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
DON'T CROSS THE LINE
Here are some common-sense rules that'll help you steer clear of trouble. Please take these rules seriously and take
them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or attempt to weasel your way out of the guidelines – just understand
them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
- Spam, misleading metadata and scams  Everyone hates spam. Don't create misleading descriptions,
tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not acceptable to post large amounts of untargeted,
unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
- Threats  Things like predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading
privacy, revealing other people's personal information and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate
- Hateful content  Our products are platforms for free expression. However, we don't support content
that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability,
gender, age, nationality, veteran status or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting
hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is
to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
- Copyright  Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you're authorised
to use. Don't upload videos that you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the
copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users,
without the necessary authorisations.
- Violent or graphic content  It's not acceptable to post violent or gory content that is primarily
intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If you post graphic content in a news or documentary context,
please provide enough information to help people understand what's going on in the video. Don't encourage others to
commit specific acts of violence.
- Harmful or dangerous content  Don't post videos that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt,
especially children. Videos showing such harmful or dangerous acts may be age-restricted or removed depending on their severity.
- Nudity or sexual content  What2eat is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes
your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on What2eat. Also, please be advised that we work closely with
law enforcement agencies and that we report child exploitation.